Friday, September 22, 2006

Thank God for Pharmaceuticals

I have now been plied with a new 10-day series of antibiotics, and a 5-day series of 40mg Prednisone. This is the first time I have been on Prednisone, and I must say, it makes one a bit lightheaded, fuzzy, and slow. I know it can have weird effects on different people - depression, euphoria, lots of energy or weakness, increased appetite and weight gain (though unfortunately, not the opposite, sigh), but I'm only on a short dose of it to get my congestion under control while the antibiotics kick in. I'm praying for a good night's sleep tonight with the help of my friend Afrin, which the doc said I could use for another day or two, until the Prednisone does kick in (12-24 hours after the dose). Other than being exhausted, I had a pretty decent day, and now am ready to hit the sack. Wish me luck.

No comments: