Thursday, August 31, 2006

Nostalgia


So I thought I would share my favorite picture of my daughter at age 6 weeks. She is now over 3, and we just managed to eliminate the majority of baby things from our home. The Diaper Champ, which I have loathed and dispised for 3 years, changing table mattress, the swing, the bouncy seat, the potty chair, and the child-carrying frame backpack. And while it is time for these things to go, since we are likely not having more children and our house is about the size of a large thimble, with them goes a little bit of nostalgia and sadness to see that wonderous phase of our lives conclude. It isn't that the time now is any less wonderful or I wish I could go back. I love right now, and strive to enjoy each moment of this time, too. It's noticing the passage of time, marked by the leaving behind of old things and ways, that makes me a bit misty. The time DOES go so fast, from when they are helpless and dependent to when they are empowered and capable. I think I'll let it sit on my mind, like a piece of dark chocolate on my tongue, until it melts away.

1 comment:

Toastedsuzy said...

Beautiful image--the chocolate on your tongue.

And cute adorable baby!!!!!

TS